July 29, 2013

Budapest, Belated: Part II

So many beautiful architectural details!






By the end of the week, the river had started to drain back down. Here's the previously flooded ticket book, with only a little water left in the bottom.


1920s geometric architecture.


Tiled roof over the Grand Market.


Inside the Grand Market.









This house had a gorgeous mural on the outside.


The Grand Market from outside.


Foretastes: the new appetizers! 






Gorgeous Art Nouveu detailing.









The Parliament.


Heading up to the Fisherman's Bastion.



Parliament from above.







Matthias Church, behind the Fisherman's Bastion




Floating cloud cherubs!




Fisherman's Bastion by night.





Dawn on the Chain Bridge.


At the Train Station, Vienna bound! 







Hungarian Countryside.




When I got back from Vienna I had a half a day in Budapest before my flight, so I took the funicular up the hill to visit the Royal Palace, now a museum.










This odd Grand Bazar set was in the basement of the restaurant I had lunch. 


I wish I'd had more time, but this means I have a reason to go back and visit again! 

Stay tuned for photos from Vienna, one of the most beautiful places in the world!


No comments: