March 4, 2013

Mint Statement Necklace

This weekend my lovely Maman came to visit and even though she was only here for 36 hours, we managed to pack in quite a punch of a weekend! 

Between trying two amazing restaurants, going shopping, seeing two exhibits at the Met, getting brunch, and discovering an amazing French Brasserie on the Upper East Side for afternoon coffee and dessert, we managed to find the time to hit some beads and notions shops in midtown. 

My mom was looking for buttons for a coat she's making, and on our way home we inevitably got distracted at a bead store. 

This beautiful string of turquoise stones was half off, so we collected supplies to make it into a gorgeous two-strand statement necklace. 

Needle in hand, I sat down to watch a couple of episodes of Mad Men and the necklace was done before I knew it. 


Here it is, styled on my mannequin (who has yet to be named) with a matching mint dress she's been rocking lately.  


I can't wait for Spring, so that I can wear this look, too! 



1 comment:

Cassandra Zengilowski said...

Statement necklaces can be tricky to pull off – it’s either it’s chunky or it has a loud color. I generally shy away from both, but the combination of the shape and size of the beads with the color is just too attractive. I’m not entirely sure about pairing it with almost the same color dress though.

Cassandra Zengilowski