March 13, 2013

It's Back!


My sewing machine is finally back from the shop! Yay! 


A couple of months ago the spring popped out of the tension wheel again, which is a small problem but makes the machine impossible to use. But between my birthday, my roommate's birthday, and everything that's been happening at work, I never had time to bring it to get fixed. 


I finally brought it last weekend and picked it up yesterday and I can't wait to start sewing again! 

I bought some mint wool gabardine to make this peplum top and pencil skirt set, which looks like a peplum dress but can be worn as separates. Although I think I'll shorten the back of the peplum so it's the same length all around--I'm not crazy about the longer back. 


Or this gorgeous bow blouse--just perfect for work! 


Maybe a versatile sheath dress? I'm thinking 3/4 sleeves and cap sleeves! 



Have any another sewing project suggestions for me?



1 comment:

alessa palazzetti said...

Hi, I love the yellow peplum dress and the idea of two separate items. If you look for something simple and good for office, maybe you can check this classical black&white dress by michelenegri.com/en here the link http://www.michelenegri.com/en/shop/woman/4/clothing/28/dresses