March 28, 2013

Fancy Fabrics!

As I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, my sewing machine is back from the shop!

In addition to the mint peplum outfit I'm currently undertaking:


I also went a little crazy and bough a crap load of fabric to make some fun work outfits!

With this gorgeous 1930s-inspired blouse pattern in mind:



I got two different kinds of chiffon -- a gorgeous dark forest green, and a shimmery coral:




As well as a black chiffon and a white and black polka dot charmeuse, with which I'll make two blouses with contrasting trim (one black with polka dot trim, and one polka dot with back trim).



Then I also got some fabric to make a couple of 1960s-inspired shift dresses.



This gorgeous teal wool gabardine (right) and a matching lining (left):


And a smoky olive green wool gabardine (right) with a matching lining (left):


Then, because they were on sale, I also got a gorgeous beige and white printed silk organza:


And this shimmery gold charmeuse:


Not sure what to make with those yet. I'm thinking maybe an architectural blouse with the organza and a swingy summer dress with the charmeuse, but I'm open to suggestions! Thoughts?

Can't wait to cut into all this gorgeous fabric and seriously jazz up my work wardrobe! 


1 comment:

Desiree said...

So gorgeous! One of these days I'm going to attempt to make clothes, but right now I'm sewing pillows and sewing two squares together is giving me fits, so I imagine I've got a ways to go yet! :-)

Once again, I'll just live vicariously through you!