February 9, 2013

Stow Storm Nemo

You know it hasn't snowed in a while when everyone starts freaking out about a few inches!

Yeah, in New England it got kind of crazy--two feet of snow isn't really the norm, even in the middle of winter. 

And I guess after Hurricane Sandy, New Yorkers are a still a little shell shocked--but people really started worrying yesterday! Human Resources sent everyone at my office home at 2pm! 


I remember when I lived in Montreal, this was just another winter afternoon! 

I mean, it snowed multiple feet every week. The roads were perennially covered in a sheet of ice and it was so cold my eyelashes used to freeze to my scarf!

But I guess I'm not in Canada anymore, and I used get used to people overreacting about the weather. 

And snow storms, even baby ones like Nemo, are still fun!  Yesterday we made stove top s'mores! 



If you're in the North East, how are you spending this snowy weekend?


1 comment:

Casey said...

I live in Texas and pictures like that blow my mind! I might be putting my foot in my mouth, but I'd die for a smores-fueled snow day down here!