January 2, 2013

Peplum Pencil Skirt Refashion



In the same amazing thrift shop where I got the Anne Taylor wool blazer that I refashioned into a riding jacket, I got a great Anne Taylor wool pencil skirt. 

The only problem? It was a little dated. 


The fit was perfect, but the three layers of flounce around the bottom gave it a bit of a 1990s look. Plus it was a little long, and at a petite 5'2", I was a too short to pull it off. 


But I really liked the flounce, so I decided to keep it! 


Three layers was a little much, so removed the shortest one and sewed the remaining flounce around the waist as a peplum. 


I hemmed the bottom...


...and voila`! 

A new peplum pencil skirt, perfect for work! 





1 comment:

Tasia said...

What a cute refashion! I think I need to go find me a skirt and refashion it into something equally as adorable. I'm now inspired (: