January 28, 2013

My Golden Birthday!

Today is my Golden Birthday. 

A Golden Birthday is when one turns the same age as one's birth date. In my case, I'm turning 28 on the 28th--today! 

On Saturday my roommates and I hosted a splendid Golden Birthday party, complete with plenty of golden decorations--including an amazing pop up photo booth which yielded hundreds of epic photos--golden place settings, golden cocktails, golden cake, and last but not least, amazing golden outfits! 

Early Grey cake with Earl Grey meringue frosting and honey filling--yum!

My lovely roommates and me. 

Props! 

Gold paper chandelier! 

Andrea and me! 
Ethan and me!


My lovely roommates! 

Cake time! 

Masquerading!
But my birthday festivities aren't over! Tonight I'm going to Book Club to talk about the book I picked for this month, and tomorrow my friend Andrea and I have tickets to the ballet--including backstage passes! 

And then today my coworkers surprised me with not one but two beautiful bouquets of flowers!

My desk smells like a meadow! 
It's been a truly splendid weekend, and I'm so looking forward to the next two days. 

And thank you to everyone who's gone out of their way to make this birthday extra special for me. 
I feel so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. 



2 comments:

Leesh said...

Happy birthday Julia! I love how you and your birthday are all decked out in gold.

We call it a champagne birthday. Either way, I'm glad to see you celebrated in style!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday! It sounds like you had an amazing time and I must say I love your birthday dress too, it's gorgeous!