December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Morning



As much as I love my new job, I couldn't have been happier to get out of New York and come home this weekend to spend the holidays with my family. 

My brother and I spent all of yesterday shopping on Newbury Street, and then I spent the evening finishing up some sewing projects and wrapping presents. 

Today we'll be cooking and preparing all day for our annual Christmas Eve party tonight, which will see old friends gathering around copious amounts of champagne, oysters, fois gras, poached salmon, beaujolais nouveau, and mont blanc. 

There will be nary a glass of eggnog or a christmas tune in sight. 

We do our Christmas French-style.

The rest of the week will be a bit insane--as I'm heading back to NY for two days to see a close friend before coming back to Cambridge until going back to NY for New Year's Eve--but I'm looking forward to all the friends and festivities nonetheless.

***

I wish you all a splendid holiday, and a very merry Christmas! 


1 comment:

Martin said...

It must be beautiful to spend the holidays in such a beautiful city here in Argentina it's really hot and everyone stays in the furnished apartments buenos aires with the a/c on