December 8, 2012

Chill

It's been a long week. 

It was my first week at my new job, which wasn't particularly stressful in and of itself (both the president and my boss were out of town so it was calm around the office) but it was still a lot for me to wrap my head around, meeting everyone new, figuring out how the organization works, and even starting some real work by myself--filing expense reports in multiple currencies!

(No small feat!)

My desk on Day 3: Covered in dozens of approved grant dockets in need of organization.

Needless to say, I was really looking forward to this weekend as a time to just chill.

I just wanted to sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, and just relax. 

Then this morning--at the ungodly hour of 8 am--I was awoken by the dulcet sounds of power drills in my window.

Yes, they decided that first thing on a Saturday morning was the best time to start this construction, and they decided to start with my window.

Joy. 

And it wasn't just the noise! Because they didn't tell us about the construction, I didn't think to close my blinds all the way before going to sleep (I like some natural light when I wake up), so I awoke to a handfull of constructions guys that could see straight into my room while I was sleeping! Not cool!


Needless to say I was not amused and I may have written a (perhaps slightly impulsive) strongly worded email to my landlord.


Anyway, what's done is done and I might as well take advantage of my extra long morning to go for a run and do some  laundry.  Maybe I'll even treat myself to a few new plants to spruce up my new workspace. That'll make me feel better :)

***

Happy Weekend, Everyone! 




No comments: