November 17, 2012

Friday Blanks on Saturday


Today is an absolutely spectacular day. 

I finally went running for the first time in a couple of weeks (I've been swamped at work) and it was so nice to be out in Central Park on such a beautiful morning.

The foliage is turning--although unfortunately a lot of it was lost during Hurricane Sandy--and the colors are really amazing.

A beautiful brownstone on my street

Birds on the reservoir


Birds on the reservoir




Then I came home and had a celebratory waffle brunch with my roommates, which really hit the spot.

(I want to tell you what I'm celebrating--I have some really good news--but I'm keeping under wraps until it's officially official) 





Now I have to a put in a couple of hours working remotely, and then I'm off to a birthday party!

***


1.  My best quality is  that I'm highly rational. Sometimes it's not always great (I find it hard to lead with or be lead by my emotions) but most of the time it's extremely useful to be able to analyze and reason a situation from an objective perspective, both with regard to my own life and when helping friends. It also makes it difficult for me to get overwhelmed, which is very useful during highly stressful moments  .

2.  One of my less flattering qualities is    that I'm impatient and sometimes a little peremptory (one of my mother's favorite words to describe me as a child). But I'm working on it :)     .

3.  I'd rather be   someone who only thinks nice things about people, but unfortunately I'm also a little judgmental and critical. That said, I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

4. Something I have been challenged with lately is     finding the time to do the things I need to do to be happy and healthy, like going running and cooking dinner. Working 60 hours a week is making it difficult, so thankfully this job is only a couple more weeks.

5. I am looking forward to    spending five wonderful days at home with my family for Thanksgiving. Monday is also my little brother's birthday (25!) so we'll be celebrating that as well .

6. A super random factoid about me is    that I really hate the color purple. I'm not sure why, but it really irks me. Plum I can get on board with, but bright royal purple is like nails on a chalkboard for my eyes.


7.  I want to   take a trip to Europe. I haven't been since I moved away in 2010 and I miss everyone so much. There are children of my cousins that I haven't even met yet - new tiny people! - and I'm really nostalgic for Italy. Maybe next spring?



Don't forget to link up with Lauren

***

Happy Weekend Everyone! 



No comments: