November 30, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday


1.  The best way to spread Christmas cheer is...  by doing something selfless. I'm not religious, so for me Christmas isn't about God or Jesus, but rather it's about people taking the time to think about how lucky they are and reach out to those who aren't as fortunate. I'm a big believer in giving back around the holidays (this story especially warmed my heart.) 

2.  The holiday season is   a time I get to spend a little extra time with my family, since I haven't lived in the same state (for years not even in the same country!) as them in almost 10 years     .

3.  When it comes to holiday decorating   I LOVE wrapping presents, and I like white christmas lights (I find the colorful ones tacky), but I'm not a big house decoration. As for the tree, less is more .

4. The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is     sleeping in and wearing pajamas all day .

5. My favorite holiday tradition is   my mom's amazing Christmas Eve party (with all the oysters and fois gras and champagne) and opening a single present on Christmas Eve before we go to bed.

6. This year my Christmas plans include     spending some quality time with my family, and getting to see my best friend for a couple of days when she comes to visit me in New York .


7.  My favorite holiday food is  oysters and fois gras and champagne. It's a little Marie Antoinette, I know, but it's a time for indulgence, right? :) 


 ***
Don't forget to link up with Lauren


No comments: