November 2, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday




1.  Something I swore I'd never do, but have ended up doing anyway is   wear leggings as pants. I was totally a hater until I realized that with a long enough sweater--and thick enough leggings (this is essential!)--it's a totally acceptable low-key way to get dressed   .

2.  Something I've always wanted to do is     take a couple of months off from life and travel around the world. I'm not at a place right now where I have either the time or the money to do that, but hopefully someday it'll happen .

3.  Something I have absolutely no desire to ever do is  be blonde. I was accidentally blonde one summer--after using my cousin's "lightening camomile shampoo" without knowing it actually had peroxide in it--and it was horrible. If anything I'd like to go a bit darker.

4. The best thing I ever did was    move to Europe after college. Spending three years in Italy and Spain not only gave me the professional experience I needed to get into grad school (the second best thing I've ever done) but it expanded my world view and really gave me perspective not just on what I wanted to do with my life, but about life in general.

5. When it comes to trying new things, I am   extremely adventurous, especially with food.

6. One thing I've never done is    pierced my belly button. I was all ready to do it as a teenager, but my sneaky plan was thwarted by my mother--thank god! I would never wear a belly button ring now and I'd hate having a hole from it.


7.  My favorite thing do do is   cook a delicious meal and enjoy with friends, along with good wine and great conversation. I also love spending some alone time sewing up something fabulous for myself. Right now I'm working on a wool cape!

***

Don't forget to link up with Lauren! 


3 comments:

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

three years in italy and spain?? amazing!

https://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/fill-in-the-blank-friday-8/

Alyssa said...

I looove leggings with big sweaters! So comfortable.
And I agree with you on #3. =)

Julia Gibson said...

How interesting that you lived in Italy and Spain! Lucky girl! Hopped over from Fill in the Blank Fridays.

Julia
www.momontherunx2.net