November 23, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Those of you who know me know I'm staunchly anti-Black Friday. 

I hate waiting in line more than anything else in the world, and being jostled by aggressive bargain shoppers in the middle of the night, fighting for a bunch of crap made in China would be my personal hell.

(No offense to anyone who did take advantage of the shopping deals, it's just not what I'm cut out for). 

Instead, I slept in, woke up to a delicious breakfast of leftover Thanksgiving pie, went for a leisurely run along the Charles river and had a tasty turkey sandwich lunch.

A day off much more up my alley. 

Now my mother and I are hunkering down to tackle an extended project that we've working on for years: organizing our family photos chronologically into photo albums.

My brother Lucas and cousin Enrico, the original hipsters; Italy, circa 1993.

Not only do we have thousands of photos (my brother and I were very photographed children) but we're also both easily distractible, getting caught up  ooohing and ahhing over baby photos and first halloween costumes.

I had a little hipster thing going on myself; but back then it was just called the 90s. Not gonna lie, kinda wish I still had that outfit. Cambridge, MA circa 1992.
Needless to say, there's a reason it's taking up years to do this. 

The original #notimpressed; Italy circa 1993.
Wee Little Nautical Pinup; Boston, MA circa 1988.


My brother and I were very serious children; Italy circa 1993.

I had my Thanksgiving clean up technique down early; Cambridge, MA, circa 1989. 

Well, this holiday season is no different, and I'm looking forward to getting lost in a sea of childhood memories. 


Happy Black Friday! 




No comments: