With my roommates moving in and arranging their rooms, I decided my room needed a bit of an update as well, so I finally framed some postcards of impressionist paintings I got last time I was at the Met and hung them above my bed in a little frame arrangement.
I'm very pleased with it, and it matched the white and mint color scheme in my room perfectly, especially with my new Kate Spade Mint Darling Dots sheets!
While I was at it, I thought I'd throw together a little tutorial on how to make sure the frames are all straight and spaced equally, since hanging them one by one leaves a lot of room for error.
Wall Frame Arrangement Tutorial
1. Tracing paper
4. Hammer and nails
5. A friend to tell you if it's straight (optional)
1. Lay out a piece of tracing paper as big as your frame arrangement and arrange the frames on it the way you want them to hang on the wall. Make sure you measure between frames and check that the edges are lined up with each other.
2. Trace around each frame and mark the top center with a little line. Measure how far down the hanging loop is from the top of the frame and mark that spot with a dot on the paper.
3. Tape the paper to the wall where you want the arrangement to hang.
4. Hammer the nails into the dots you marked
5. Untape the paper and rip it off the nails.
6. Hang your frames on the nails.
7. Step back and admire your handiwork!