September 18, 2012

Twirly Mint Circle Skirt

And because two weren't enough, last night I made a third skirt! 


I bought this mint silk chiffon and matching silk lining in the garment district a few weeks ago and I've been waiting for inspiration to strike. 




Last night, while starting Breaking Bad (I'm already hooked) I thought how pretty it would look twirling out in layers, so the circle skirt idea was born. And realized. 


I whipped this up in a few hours, which surprised me because I was expecting difficult times ahead with the chiffon. But it was surprisingly easy to sew with. 

Even that tiny hem wasn't so bad!


I'm especially proud of getting four layers of fussy fabric to match up perfectly at the zippered waistband, which I closed with a hook and eye.




It even goes perfectly with my new mint bangle and these precious little aqua drop earrings my mother gave me years ago. 


Too bad it's blustering with tornado warnings today, or I would have worn it. 

I'll need at least one more summer day! 


2 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

That skirt is soooo pretty especially in that color! I can already see it waving in the breeze. Every thought of turning your talent into a business?

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

What a lovely colour! So cute!