September 17, 2012

Green With Envy Skirt

After making the Red High-Waisted Princess Seam Pencil Skirt last week, I decided I needed another one.

I had a yard of bright, albeit not very high quality, emerald green satin left over from some costumes my friends made for a show earlier this spring, and I though it would be a fun way to learn to work better with satin and to jazz up my wardrobe a little bit.


This time I wanted to alter the pattern to modernize the silhouette a little bit. So I brought down the high waist by a good 4-5 inches, added a 2-inch waistband for structure, and shortened the hem by about 4-5 inches as well, leaving me with an above-the-knee, loose-fitting pencil skirt (no one wants satin to hug the curves too much--it shows everything!) that can either be dressed up or dressed down.




Yes, the color is a little...abrasive, but I think I can make it work. 

Maybe I'll do an upcoming post on how to style this--I'm not crazy about the nude shirt I paired it with. 

Any suggestions? 



No comments: