September 28, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday




1.  My first memory is    of what I thought was taking my first steps. I was on my mom and dad's bed, with one of them on each side, and I was walking from one to the other. I was later told I did not take my first steps on a bed, so my first memory might just be of me walking on a bed. Ha.  .

2.  My first love was    probably my friend Ben. Our moms were best friends while they were pregnant with each other, and we were born only a week apart, so he's my oldest friend, since I've known him since before I was born. We were inseparable as little kids and I'm pretty sure we were smitten with each other as little tots. There's a really cute picture of him kissing me on the cheek as babies  .

3.  My very first favorite color was    purple. At least it's the first color I remember liking, which is funny because I hate it now. When I was in third grade this super cool girl, Heather, who was a grade ahead of me, said her favorite color was purple, so it obviously became mine too. So when I started gymnastics, I insisted on a purple leotard, which I quickly realized I hated. But my mom was all, nope, you made your choice, you're keeping it until you grow out of it. So suffering through a year of gymnastics in an ugly purple leotard is probably why I hate purple so much now.

4. The first time I really felt like a "grown-up" was when     I started working after college and was, for all intents and purposes, financially independent. Going back to grad school sort of threw a monkey wrench in that, but for a few years I was supporting myself, living abroad thousands of miles from my parents, and I really felt like a grown up. Five years later, I realize I'm still pretty far from being a "grown-up."

5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is   check my phone to see if it's not actually 6am and I can sleep for a while longer, then get up, brush my teeth, and turn on my computer to check my email while I have some coffee .

6. The first CD (cassette tape, record, etc...) I ever bought was    Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt, The Grease soundtrack, and the Space Jam soundtrack. I had eclectic taste in music, even as an 11-year-old  .


7.  My first car was  non-existent. I've never owned a car. But my first mode of transportation was a scooter that I bough when I moved to Rome. It was a wine-colored Scarabeo; like a Vespa, but a different brand.

***
Don't forget to link up with Lauren



1 comment:

Trisha Jones said...

Tragic Kingdom was a good choice for one of your first CDs. :)