September 8, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday (On Saturday)

Today's blanks are school themed, which is only serving to make me a little nostalgic, since this is my first fall not going back to school ever again.

(I did have three school-free falls when I lived in Europe, but I always knew I would be back in grad school eventually).



1.  My favorite grade in school was     probably my freshman year in high school. The rest of high school was great too, but freshman year was when I met a group of friends who I would become so close to over the course of the next four years, and with whom I'm still very close today. In fact both Jennah, who got married last weekend and whose wedding dress I made, and Annika, with whom I made it, were in this group  .

2.  My favorite teacher was     Ms. Spagnuolo, my freshman English and AP English teacher,     because    she was such a firecracker. She didn't take shit from anyone, she told us vaguely inappropriate stories in the name of imparting wisdom on us, and she loved Colin Firth in the BBC Pride & Prejudice miniseries    .

3.  The highest level of education I have completed is   a Master of International Affairs in Human Rights and International Media, Advocacy and Communications from Columbia University .

4. School lunches for me were usually      homemade and so delicious. My mom would write us little notes on the napkins. So cute. 

5. The amount of money you'd have to pay me to go back to high school would be     a lot. Not so much because high school was terrible (it actually wasn't, I enjoyed high school immensely) but because I'm just too excited about what's next in my life to take a break to go backwards a decade. Ever forward! 

6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are   new pens and notebooks.


7.  The first day of school was always   so exciting because I got to see my friends again. I always spent summers in Europe visiting family, so by the first day of school I usually hadn't seen my school friends in two months! 


***


No comments: