September 20, 2012

Birds In Flight Dress

Back when I bought the striped fabric to make my Nautical Maxi Dress, I also picked up a couple of yards of this blue jersey with sweet little birds on it.


 I've had an idea in the back of my mind to make this into a kind of shift dress--something comfortable to throw on on a hot day--but I never got around to it until now. 

I guess my production rush of warm-weather clothes this week is my way of clinging to summer. 


This was a really simple dress to make, as it's just two pieces serged at the side seams and shoulders, and shirred once around the waist. 


For the pattern I traced the Polka Dot Chiffon Top and extended the length by about 15 inches. 


I also added a keyhole button closure in the back, and used a big shiny white shank button to jazz it up a bit. 


I think this could work with tights, brown boots, and a cardigan for fall, no?


1 comment:

Leesh said...

I want to make this dress. If it was for the summer that just ended, an anchor dress would have been perfect.