August 17, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday!

And Friday marks the end of another week! Yay!

(Did this one feel particularly long, or was it just me?)



1. The best thing to do on a hot day is   have no responsibilities. As long as there's nowhere you have to be, you can take things at your own pace and not get overwhelmed or overheated. I usually plan some activity around keeping cool (making ice cream or sewing in my air conditioned room)   .
 
2. The best place to be on a hot day is    sitting in the shade in a park next to a little pond. If it's hot and humid, I need to be somewhere with air conditioning     .
 
3. The best thing to eat on a hot day is    ice coffee and something fresh--chilled soup and a salad   .
 
4. Hot days    go hand in hand with humid days, here in New York, which is very frustrating, especially when I spend the day alternating between the inferno outside and my (chilley and dry) air conditioned office .
 
5. My go to uniform on a warm summer day is   a loose-fitting summer dress, wedges, and sunglasses  .
 
6. The scent that reminds me of summer is    rain on hot asphalt. I wish I could say something more romantic--like freshly cut grass and lemonade--but there are no lawns in the city.  

7. My favorite thing about summer is    the feelings that we have more free time, either because the days are longer, or there's that back-of-my-mind idea that summer equals vacation, even if I'm working full time. I'm more likely to take advantage of the free time I do have after work and on weekends to go out and do something .

***

Don't forget to link up with Lauren if you play along!


Happy Weekend Everyone!



No comments: