July 20, 2012

Nesting

When I moved into my current apartment last summer, I didn't think I'd stay for more than a year. So although I definitely made my room cozy and comfortable, I didn't invest too much time, energy and money decorating an apartment I didn't plan on staying in for long.

Then I got to know the neighborhood, which I now love, and all it's perks (across the street from Whole Foods, a dry cleaner, three (!) wine shops, between two main subway lines, and a block away from central park). And I got used to the conveniences of my building (dish washer, in-building laundry, a doorman, central air--all things that seem normal, except for in NY).

And then I decided I really didn't want to leave.

Even if it meant living with three other people for another year. But then my roommates were all moving out and it seemed like I would have to give up the place, or live in it with complete strangers. Neither of which were attarctive options.

But now it looks like there's a chance I've figured out a solution that lets me stay in the place and live with people I like!

I don't want to jinx it--because it's not confirmed quite yet--but that doesn't mean the wheels in my mind didn't immediately start spinning with ideas of things I could do to make the apartment mine.

We have this amazing balcony which I'd love to spruce up a bit,
maybe with some plants and window boxes.

{via}

{via}
We're losing all the living room furniture, so I'm having visions of soft, comfy sofas!

{via}


I hate overhead lighting, and luckily our apartment has almost none,
which means I need to get creative with spot and floor lighting.

{via}

{via}

We'll also be needing new dishware,
since most of it belongs to one of my roommates that's moving out.

{via}
Maybe even some DIY girly accents!

{via}

A girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

Decorating and finding cheap ways to DIY an apartment/house is so much fun! I'm obsessed with my own!

Margarita said...

I love all the pictures, especially the pillows in the last one :) This sounds very exciting for you!!