March 18, 2012

Winning!

Pre-race
Ok, so we obviously didn't win the race, but we finished way ahead of our goal time! 

We were aiming to run a 10:30 pace (10 minutes and 30 seconds per mile) for a total time of about 2 hours and 30 minutes for all 13.1 miles.


But we finished with a 9:56 pace, and a total race time of 2 hours and 10 minutes! 

Almost 35 seconds faster than our goal pace and 20 minutes faster than our goal time! 

After the race we were famished, so we grabbed a burger brunch:

Grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon and pepper jack.

Sweet potato fries and a cute ketchup flower our waiter made for us.

A double malt malted


Sure, I can't really bend my left knee and hip right now, but I'm sure that'll be fine tomorrow. 

What important is that today I won in a race against myself!


Post-race. Excuse the red-faced sweatiness. Focus on the medals :)

I even got a medal :)


1 comment:

meghan said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome! I bet it was so much fun to run through NY, too. That's amazing you were so far ahead of your goal time!