February 15, 2012

Cashmere Coat Refashion

Remember when I showed you the 100% cashmere vintage coat I bought for $20?



Well, I finally got around to finishing my refashioning of it. 

After shortening it over a foot, chopping the sleeves in half, flaring them, using the part I cut off the bottom to make a giant Scottish Widow hood, adding two button holes and changing the buttons, and putting in a new Kate Spade-esque lining...

...this is what I came up with: 













Not too shabby, eh?


7 comments:

J. said...

I am in love with the liner. Gorgeous! Amazing work.

Desiree said...

That is amazing!! I know nothing about sewing and even I know lining things is way hard and you did a brilliant job! Way to go!!

Marian said...

Looks AMAZING!!! I'm in love!!

Robyn Bowles said...

I love it so much! It looks so fabulous!!

Leesh said...

Great job! It's a brand new coat and I especially love the lining!

SEO Services said...

Online Shopping for Quality Cashmere Throws and Cashmere Blankets at cashmereboutique.com

MUKESH CHAKARWARTI said...

Hi

Really this is best cashmere coat and Pashmina , really i fond shoping center and good site post by blog post and also i fond a number of iteams for this blog post ...
Thank's
and
Regard's
Cashmere Coat