December 30, 2011

Napping, and Sewing, and Movies, Oh My!



It's been such a lovely long vacation.

Since I came home last Monday, I think I only had one social night with friends (I had a dinner party then we went to a holiday party and then for drinks at a hotel bar in Boston). It was fun, but it was exhausting!

Every other night I've been at home in my PJs watching movies with my mom and sewing up a storm. I'm redoing the curtains in my bedroom, which is quite the big project, and sewing up little gifts for the friend I'm visiting in Jamaica and her babies (which I'd love to show you, but I don't know if she reads this blog, so I don't want to spoil the surprise!)

I've watched probably ten or so movies in the last few days. Taken a few naps. Stayed up until 3am reading. Slept in past noon most days. One day I never even got dressed!

It's been pure vacational bliss.

Today I'm going back to New York for New Year's Eve and a few days organizing my life before I jet off to Jamaica and then back up to Boston before starting a new (and my last!) semester at the end of January.

I know my vacation isn't over. I have another three weeks until I have to worry about anything seriously. But the lazing around at home, admiring the twinkling lights on the tree, listening to Diana Krall and eating too many chocolate truffles part of my vacation is over.

I'm a little bummed, but I think it's also time for me to put on some real clothes and start organizing my real life again.

What will you miss most about the holiday vacation?



1 comment:

It's A Love Story said...

I want to learn to sew one day!

XoXo
Elizabeth

http://itzalovestory.blogspot.com/