December 23, 2011

Filling In Christmas Blanks




1.   The best way to spread Christmas cheer is   with lots and lots of delicious food!

2.   The thing I love most about Christmas is   coming home and relaxing with my family without having to worry about what's on my To Do list     .

3.  The holiday season is a time for   not worrying about the scale   .

4. My favorite thing to eat at the holidays is    all the things. But especially oysters, fois gras, and champagne (my mother does Christmas French-style), lots of cheese, and the Mont Blanc - a traditional meringue and marrons glace` dessert - that I make every year  .

5.  I will be spending Christmas    Eve with my mother, throwing our yearly Christmas Eve dinner party, and Christmas Day with my father, opening presents and having Christmas brunch  .

6.  Tis better to (give or receive?)   usually I'd say to give - I love shopping for presents and finding the perfect gift - but this year I'll say neither. My brother is in Italy with my dad's family, and I'm spending a low key Christmas with my parents that is no so much about gifts this year (we'll do most of the exchanging when my brother gets back from Europe) as it is about just being thankful for the time I have to spend at home  .

7.  I'm dreaming of a     not rainy     Christmas.  I won't go so far as to hope for snow (it's been in the 50s the last few days, so I don't see it happening) but I really hope it doesn't rain. 



1 comment:

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love what you said about not worrying about a to-do list. I do love that when the holidays are here, for that day (at least) it's all about living in the moment & nothing else matters. If every day could be a holiday! Hope you enjoy your low-key Christmas and have a good time celebrating again when your brother returns!