November 30, 2011

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: Black Friday Flowers

The last thing I would ever do (well, maybe not the last thing, but close) is shop on Black Friday.

My worst nightmare is braving Black Friday crowds just to buy some stuff on sale.

Hell, I wouldn't even go if they were giving it away for free.

I hate standing in line, I hate getting shoved, I hate people's lack of consideration.

I'm certain that all of these things abound on Black Friday.

So instead my friend Natasha and I drove an hour outside of Boston to spend a day among flowers (and the elderly, who apparently also like flowers) at the Tower Hill Botanical Garden.

It was--I expect--a much more relaxing and pleasant day than any day of shopping would have been.



































And some literature in the gift shop:





No comments: