November 17, 2011

Jamaica

It's been a long semester. 

{via}
I'm in school full time (I even made the silly mistake of taking six classes this semester) and I'm essentially working two part time jobs (one for pay, one for free).

{via}


And it's not even over! I still have three weeks of classes, and then exams. 

{via}

I definitely need a vacation, which I finally booked yesterday, a little spur of the moment.

{via}


A friend of mine invited me to Jamaica to spend a week with her and her family over the holidays, and I decided to take her up on the offer (after years that she's been inviting me and I haven't managed to make it happen).


{via}

She and I had originally made tentative plans to meet in Italy over the holidays. But then I decided not to go, for school/money/work reasons, and she decided not to go because she'll be seven months pregnant in December and she didn't want to fly that far.

So we decided to meet up in Jamaica instead. Sunny Jamaica instead of rainy Rome. Not too shabby.

{via}

And I'll finally get to meet her daughter--an absolutely adorable 14 months old--who I've been dying to meet for a year.

{via}

All in all, I'm quite happy with my impulsive little Caribbean trip. 


I miss the beach. 


1 comment:

Leesh said...

I miss the beach too. You are going to have such a great time.