October 1, 2011

I'm Ready

{via}




Usually I'm one of those people that desperately hangs on to the last days of Summer, wearing summer dresses into October, shivering in bare legs and a cardigan, insisting that it's only a bit chilly. 


But this summer was long, and it was hot. Two months in subsaharan Africa maxed out my tolerance for extreme heat and humidity, and then I got back to New York where's it's been alternating, rain, humid sunny days, and cloudy sauna days. 

I'm ready for fall.

I'm ready for crisp, sunny days where you need a trench coat and a scarf; where the insides of the subway stations cool down enough that you don't fantasize about stripping down in the middle of the platform, it's so hot and stuffy; where you can get a hot coffee and not start sweating bullets while you drink it walking down the street. 


I'm ready for...


Boots
and 

Scarves
and

Capes

and

Gloves

and 

Sweaters
and 

Hot Cider
and

Fireplaces

What are you ready for this fall?




2 comments:

J. said...

I'm ready to walk in the crisp cool air and crunch in the leaves! Love those boots.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Yeah, I'm NEVER the one that wants to rush the freezing weather along. This summer was beautiful and I'm happy I extended the heat a few more weeks with a vacation. Love fall and it's nice breezy weather and yummy apple cider, but I don't kid myself. I know winter is coming!