August 14, 2011

Welcome To Morocco

So yesterday was my last day in Bamako.

It was a bittersweet goodbye. On one hand I was finally getting into the groove of the Bamaquois lifestyle and I'd made a few good friends. But on the other hand I was anxious to get back to a slightly more modern lifestyle, and see my friends and family.

This morning early I arrived in Morocco, where I'll be spending the next four days with my mother on a little decompression vacation before we head back to the US.


Our Riad (B&B) is right down the street from these walls. {via}      

I flew into Casablanca, but we came straight to Rabat, where we'll be for a couple of days before going back to Casablanca for a day before we leave. 

It was marvelous to see the ocean for the first time in months. I finally bid adieu to my geographic claustrophobia as I breathed in the salty air and watch the sun set over the water.  

I'm probably taken a hundred photos already and I promise I'll share some soon!


2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Wow! Want to go! Looks great! Did you find Rick's in Casablanca??? Sorry couldn't help making that reference! Here's looking at you kid! ;)

Desiree said...

Morocco is one of my dream destinations! So cool that you get to visit - can't wait for the pictures!!