June 3, 2011

Filling In Blanks With Family

 I am so very much enjoying being at home for a week, being able to relax, and spend time with my family,  sew (I'm finishing an amazing dress that I masterminded and can't wait to show off), and see all the friends I get to see maybe once a year, if I'm lucky! 

Am I a little bit bummed about going back to NY on Sunday? Sure, I'll miss my family, and I won't see them again until the end of August. But I'm also excited to spend a couple of weeks in NY, getting ready for Mali, revamping the windowless Journal of International Affairs office (in which, as an editorial board member, I will be spending an inordinate amount next year), and bidding adieu to all the friends I won't see over the summer. 

But I'll enjoy this last Friday at home by folding some laundry, finishing my dress, helping my mother set up her show, and filling in some blanks! As always, don't forget to link up with Lauren!


1.   I love   shoes   because  can give any outfit just the pizzazz it needs.

2.  A time that mama knew best was    when she told me not to bite my fingernails for years and years. Luckily I stopped in middle school, but my nails are still weak and brittle as a result of so many years of chewing on them. I should have listened sooner!

3.  My first kiss went a little like this:   
{via}
If I remember correctly, my very first kiss was with Ben,  my oldest friend in the world, and "belly buddy,"  when we were probably no older than three or four. Our mothers were best friends and pregnant together, and we were born a week apart, so were essentially inseparable during our early childhood.

4.  My celebrity crush is  constantly changing, but I'll always find Clive Owen one of the sexiest men on the planet.

5.  My splurge of choice is    wining and dining and clothing and traveling.

6.  My biggest accomplishment is     my (almost) career. I know I'm not quite there yet, but getting into grad school, being able to study what I'm passionate about, and (hopefully) being able to pursue it as a career is something that I'm very proud of myself for.

7.  My dance jam of choice is     I have a history of dancing questionably, albeit enthusiastically, every time My Pony comes on. Alright fine, every time I pressure the DJ into playing it .

***

What do you have planned for this splendid June weekend?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet first kiss story, knowing him well probably (maybe) made it a little less awkward.

I am following you from Fill in the blanks Friday www.mooseandtater.com

Jen said...

Aw, enjoy your last weekend home for a while! It's supposed to be lovely in Cambridge this weekend. I have a wonderful weekend planned, and I'm so excited: girlie night out with my BFF tonight, wedding tomorrow, lunch and "Bridesmaids" with friends Sunday... plus my workout regime: Yoga tomorrow AM and a long run Sunday.

Amanda said...

I am sadly chained to my desk studying this weekend :( at least it's raining so it's not so sad, ha!