April 20, 2011

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: Purl Soho and Balloons

My mom came to town to visit for a few days and so I met her downtown this afternoon for lunch, and dinner, and a long walk around Soho and Battery Park in between.

We were wandering around Soho looking for Muji (which unfortunately doesn't carry my favorite brown and midnight blue pens anymore) when we came across Purl Soho.

I'm aware that http://www.purlsoho.com/purl is a store. Well, I am now, anyway. When I first heard of it, it was through the blog, the Purl Bee, the blog, which features tons of amazing sewing (and knitting and crocheting and quilting) tips and tutorials.

I wasn't aware that the blog has a store (and I know realize it's the store that has the blog... I am clearly the sharpest knife in the drawer) until almost walked straight into it today! So I dragged my mom inside and we relished all the yarns and fabrics and trims for a good thirty minutes, before settling on some embroidery floss and some adorable measuring tape twill tape.

We finally left (to continue our quest for Muji), but not before I snapped too many photos (the snooty sales girl started giving me cross looks) of all the beautiful rainbow-colored crafty wares.

(Excuse the poor quality, I only had my iphone)

















And these balloons weren't at Purl Soho (they were at the Tribeca Film Festival) but everyone loves giant balloons, so I thought I'd include them :)





And while I'm at it, I might as well throw in an almost-Thursday round of Wee Bit Wednesday!

Don't forget to link up with Leigh!




{one} how often do you do laundry?
Every couple of weeks. I have enough underwear and socks to last me for months!


{two} what is your favorite type of cookie?
Girl Scout Samoas and Thin Mints.


{three} what would you do with an extra $2000 per month?
Get a driver, a new wardrobe, a put aside a whiskey budget.


{four} what was/is your favorite subject in school?
I liked English. But ceramics was pretty cool too.
Now I like my Human Rights classes a lot.


{five} have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon?
No, but it's on my bucket list for sure.


{six} what was your high school mascot?
The Falcons. Boring, but totally uncontroversial.


{seven} if you had the chance to go into space, would you?
Meh. I'm really ambivalent about space. Probably not, too much room for error.


{eight} how often do you go dancing?
In clubs, every two or three months. More often if you count SIPA parties with dancing.


{nine} would you rather drive or fly?
It depends on where I'm going, distance-wise. But probably drive. I hate flying.
Even though I don't think I've ever had a year of my life in which I've flown fewer than four times.


{ten} have you ever been caught re-gifting?
Caught, no. But I've definitely mastered the art.

***




1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the colors! I have thin mints in my freezer, and I'm taking an obscene amount of pride in the fact that I still have an ENTIRE box left unopened. :)