April 14, 2011

My ABCs And A Few Extra Thoughts

I feel a bit bad about not being around here as much as I used to.

It's mostly because I feel like if I don't have the time to sit and think up an amazingly thoughtful post, it's probably better if I don't write anything at all.

But I forget that sometimes it's just as nice to post an inspirational photo as a thought-provoking essay, and I should really let this place be a venue for my thoughts, whatever they are in the moment. And I don't want this to be become a source or guilt, because that totally defeats the purpose of the world being my oyster.

This semester has been a lot of work, and it has virtually flown by. Today is April 14. In four weeks I'll be done with half of of my master's, and in ten weeks I'll be flying to West Africa. Before I know it it'll be September and I'll be starting a new semester, a new year, and I'll be only ten months away from starting my real life.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The point is to remind myself that even when things get a little crazy, I should always be able to find the time to stop by and say something. Even if it's just to comment on an article I read, or display a pretty picture, or share a great tip!

{Speaking of which, have you all heard of Heartsy? It's like Groupon for Etsy, but better! Every day there are three or four deals and most of them are more than 60% off! And the best part is that it's free to join! Click on the link to sign up!}

Maybe one day I'll even get around to posting tutorials and photos of my sewing projects, but I barely have time to even make anything, let alone take pictures and write instructions!

In the mean time, I'll take what I can get in terms of time, and share what's on my mind.

Today that happens to be this adorable idea that I'm borrowing from Jamie.

My ABCs


I Heart Cake

Age: 26
Bed size: Queen
Chore you hate: Vacuuming
Dogs: Cute, but too high maintenance
Essential start of your day: Brushing my teeth and checking my email
Favorite color: A rich green, but my clothes are mostly black, white, and neutrals
Gold or silver: Silver
Height: 5'2"
Instruments I play (or have played): Jazz Piano, many years ago
Job title: Full-time grad student
Kids: Maybe one day, definitely not now
Live: New York City
Mom's name: Marie Christine, but to me, Maman
Nickname:  Jules
Overnight hospital stays: Nope
Pet peeve: Slow sidewalk walkers. And people who spit.
Quote from a movie: "Me? I haven't a snobbish bone in my body!"
Right or left handed: Usually right-handed, but sometimes ambidextrous
Siblings:  One little brother
Time you wake up: Depending on the day of the week, between 6:30 and 9:30
Underwear: Multicolored!
Vegetables you dislike: Okra. Hairy and slimy? No thanks.
What makes you run late: When my alarm clock becomes part of my dream and fails to wake me up
X-rays you've had done: Dental, both wrists, both ankles, one knee
Yummy food you make: Delicious brunch
Zoo animal:  Penguins at the New England Aquarium!

***


No comments: