April 22, 2011

Follies on Friday

Every spring SIPA put on Follies, a comedy show with a series of skits and videos making fun of the SIPA experience in general, which every SIPA student can relate to.

The event is live (except for the videos) and space is limited, so tickets literally sell out before they go on sale (more people line up than there are tickets hours before they start selling). Which means that if you don't have time to stand in line for two hours before tickets go on sale, the only way to see the show is to be in a skit or help out with the production of the show.

I volunteered to do hair, make up and costumes, so while most of my friends are downstairs studying, I'm up on the 15th floor all day today and tomorrow helping through rehearsal runs and getting people's costumes fitted for their skits.

Tomorrow we're doing full dress rehearsals, so I'll be busy all day. But today there's less costuming going on, so I've had pockets of free time.

Which means I have time to fill in some blanks! As usual, link up with Lauren!




1.   Fridays are       relaxing and class-free; the perfect beginning to the weekend   .

2.   Warm sunny days    make me terribly happy.

3.  Something that inspires me is    the city that I live in. Walking around and doing stuff in New York is as productive as crossing one thing off my To Do list and adding two more; every time I go out I discover more things I want to do and see.

4.  If I had the day off today I would     be doing exactly what I am doing with the day off I already have: watching my hilarious friends act in hilarious skits all day.

5.  If I had to put a label on my home decor style, I would say my style is    non-existent. I haven't actually decorated a house yet, so I'm not sure what my style is.

6.  Concerning politics I would say I'm     very liberal and left-wing, but I'm also very open-minded and love nothing more than a good, educated, informed debate with someone who has different views than me.

7.  I'd like to go to      South America     so I could     travel around, eat delicious food, meet amazing people, and practice my Spanish.  

***
 
And now I'm going to watch the curtain call and then go have dinner with my mom downtown! 

Happy Weekend!
 
 

No comments: