February 21, 2011

Weather with Sybil

Remember Friday when it 66 degrees, sunny, beautiful, and warm? Friday night I put on a sundress, open-toed shoes (with no stockings!) and went downtown with a shawl - not even a jacket! - and I was almost overdressed. It was like a lost May evening haphazardly wandered into the middle of February.

Yeah, well, that was too good to be true.

Saturday the temperature dropped about 30 degrees and New York was hit with the most ridiculous windstorms. I was in Astoria and there were - literally - tornadoes of garbage whirling in the air, propelled by icy blades of wind.

Yesterday the wind died down a bit, but the temperature dropped below freezing.

And then this morning I woke up to this:





Needless to say, I am quite displeased. 


3 comments:

Jen said...

LOL... It was the same way up here in Rhode Island too. I'm was pleasantly surprised to see light snowflakes drifting through the air when I woke up this morning though. i'm ok with that since I have a March 12th ski trip planned!

Julia said...

Yup, same situation in PA. I almost cried when I looked out the window this morning.

Des said...

There is something so debilitating about winter. It takes away your will to do anything. My winter blues cure is a starbucks white chocolate mocha with a shot of hazelnut. Works every time.