January 6, 2011

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: Dwarf Goats, Ponies and Retro Alpacas

Last week my mother, my brother, and I went to LA to visit some family friends whom we hadn't collectively seen in long time. I saw Pati (the mom) and India (the daughter) in August, but before that I hadn't seen either them or Danny (the dad) and Asa and Noah (the twin boys) in about fifteen years--since India was a tiny baby and I was walking her around their garden trying to teach her her first word (leaf). I was ten at the time, Lucas (my brother) was seven, the twins were three, and that's the most recent memory most of us have of each other.

Now I'm just shy of twenty-six, Lucas is twenty-three, India is sixteen and the twins are nineteen and as (almost) adults we all had a little reunion at their house outside of LA (with our parents too, of course).

I was supposed to go out for five days but because of the snow storm I ended up seeing them for barely a day and a half (my mother and brother stayed longer). But still, it was plenty of time to catch up with the whole family and get to wander around their amazing property, on which they have an art studio, a guest house, and a barn, complete with dwarf goats, dwarf ponies, alpacas, geese, chickens, cats, dogs, and tropical birds. I could explain the craziness, chaos, and pure fun that is their day to day life with all these animals, but I'll let the photos speak for themselves.


Teddy

Tyrone and Teddy

Agatha

1920s Flapper Geese



Inside the guest house


Hugo

Peugeot



Agatha and Christie







The Spice Girls (the fourth is missing)




Afro Chicken









Sydney


 It was an interesting day and a half, to say the least. 



3 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

You had me at "dwarf goat!" goodness gracious alive that is cute. I have the same reaction to "dwarf goat" as I have to houses whose addresses have a 1/2 in them. "I live at 33 1/2 Maple St.!" haha. CUUUUUTE.

Julia said...

Love the pictures! What a beautiful property!

Margarita said...

Gorgeous pictures!! It looks so beautiful and relaxed! The animals are so cute :)