January 26, 2011

Wee Bits On A Wretched Weather Wednesday

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of the snow. Today was particularly wretched.

It's not the snow itself, actually. It's the dirty slush, and the sideways sleet being flung from the sky and managing to sneak its way up under my umbrella, and the slippery sidewalks, and the snowbanks blocking the crosswalks.

Getting dressed in the morning is such a production when I have to take into consideration temperature, wind, precipitation, and the fact that the Columbia maintenance people can't get their act together, so some classrooms are seventy-five degrees while others are fifty.

I'm officially ready for spring and sundresses and flats.

But I'm home for the rest of the day and I don't have to think about going outside. Instead I'll spend the afternoon doing wee bits and putting away some laundry. Perfect for this terrible weather.





{one} how tall are you?
Just 5'2". 
The best things come in small packages :)



{two} besides bills, what do you spend most of your money on?
My ivy league grad school tuition is sort of taking the cake for most extravagant purchase right. 
But my NY Metro card isn't cheap either.

{three} what are your three favorite websites?
If we're being honest, Google Maps, Google Reader, and Facebook are the ones I spend the most amount of time on.
 
{four} what brand of tennis shoes do you prefer?
Puma for running, 
Converse for walking.

{five} what food can you absolutely not stand to eat?
I don't like anything bubble gum flavored.

{six} How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Maybe six or seven, but I don't wear them all.
I actually don't wear jeans that often.

{seven} if you could have any job, what would it be?
Being a food critic would be pretty delicious.

 {eight} have you ever ridden in an ambulance?

I don't think so.

{nine} how many pillows do you sleep with?
four.

{ten} on a scale of 1-5, how organized are you?
Some days 1, some days 5, most days around a 3.5
I love for things to be in their place, but I usually can't be bothered to put them there.

*** 

I was getting off the metro today on my way home when I saw a group of (cute!) guys in Roma gear getting on the train, and not only were they speaking Italian, but they were speaking Italian with a heavy Roman accent! Hearing them made me feel the strongest pang of longing for Italy and Rome and my summer house at the beach. Instead I'm stuck in slushy and frozen New York.

Where would you go if you could escape this wretched weather?




2 comments:

Jen said...

Send me deeper! I want to be stranded on a mountain in Maine or Vermont... at a ski resort. I'd read and ski and sleep and grasp cups of hot tea, and it would be simply... refreshing.

jenkakio.com said...

I agree....us, 5'2"ers are not short, but FUN SIZE. Holla!

I love your honesty about your organization. I always feel like a 1....but on a good day....3. LOL.