January 19, 2011

A Wee Bit Of A Day Off

I know that yesterday I was all excited about starting school again, but to be honest, I'm just as excited to have a day off today, even after only two classes (one of which was so incredibly boring that ten minutes in I started fantasizing about creative ways of committing suicide to end the pain).

I think I might be feeling a hint of a cold coming on and it was nice to get a full night of sleep and have a lazy morning today to try to keep the cold at bay. It may have worked. I definitely feel better than I did yesterday.

(It helps that it's almost noon and I'm still in my pajamas with a cup of Earl Grey the size of my head in front of me)

And I need to rest up because the rest of the afternoon/evening might be a bit crazy, between going downtown to meet my friend Amanda (whom I haven't seen since I left Madrid!) and then going back uptown for a back-to-school happy hour with my SIPA peeps. After which I need to get another good night's sleep because tomorrow I have econ first thing in the morning, and in the evening a launch party for a new Peruvian fashion line my friend worked on.

But, before I rest up for a few more hours and then let my day get crazy, I need to answer some wee bits! As usual, don't forget to link up with Leigh!



{one} name one thing you worry about running out of.
I worry about my highlighters running out before I'm done reading because I hate switching colors in the middle of an article, so I always make sure I have an extra yellow highlighter with me.
I also hate running out of contact solution, but I don't really worry about that so much.

{two} what is your favorite pizza topping?
Bufala mozzarella, fresh cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.

{three} what is your favorite harrison ford movie?
I think the Indiana Jones movies were pretty entertaining.

{four} apple juice or orange juice?
Fresh squeezed orange juice.

{five} what’s your favorite thing to do on a sunday afternoon?
My favorite thing to do is take a walk and explore a new part of the city, 
but I'm usually at school studying.

{six} what is the wallpaper on your cellphone of?
Cherry blossoms.

{seven} do you have a favorite tv commercial?
There was this one commercial I loved in college (for a mortgage broker) but only because it had the catchiest jingle. And once there was a commercial just of babies laughing and it was hilarious.

{eight} what is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Suckling veal intestines

{nine} what is one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
Cardigans. 
I have dozens. live in them.

{ten} if you were a character from “lost”, who would you be?
I saw exactly two episodes of Lost - one with polar bears on a tropical island, and one with a plane full of heroin that conveniently crashes onto an island with an addict - and I stopped watching. 
I think I may be the only person on the planet that didn't like and never watched Lost. 


5 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

suckling veal intestines? yikes.

Bree said...

Gotta say, I refuse to switch highlighter colors in between too! Yesterday I had one line left to highlight with my blue and it just barely made it. Thank gosh for that haha

jenkakio.com said...

I feel the same way as you do about school. I love that we had Monday off, but now I feel like this week is DRAGGING!

I hope you feel better soon. I hate getting sick.

Your favorite pizza just made me hungry!

Jen said...

I didn't watch "Lost" until the second to last season, and that's only because my boyfriend was such a big fan and sucked me into it. I never really got it. And I kinda hated the last episode. Dumb.

I hope you fought that cold off and feel better! And, I also hope that you are having a fabulous time tonight!

MandeeFoFandee said...

I hope you feel better!

also, veal intestines sound way gross. and fresh squeezed OJ is effing delicious.