January 4, 2011

Flying



I just got home after my whirlwind Boston - LA - Minneapolis - Boston trip (with layovers in Charlotte, Denver, and almost in Chicago), and I am exhausted.

I was supposed to leave last Sunday, but because of the insane snowstorm we got, we weren't able to leave until Wednesday, which means that I compressed my three-stop trip into five flights in six days (three of which I spent traveling); and not a single flight was without incident.

I won't bore you with the specific details of each one (they included overselling a flight by more than one hundred seats and cancellation due to "mechanical" difficulties), but I am all flown out. Not to mention thoroughly disappointed with the customer service of United Airlines, US Airways, and Delta.

Luckily I won't be flying until March, when I'm going to Guatemala, and hopefully the wonderful tropical vacation will make up for any potential airline mishaps.

Otherwise I'll say screw the return flight and just stay there.

What was your worst holiday travel horror story?


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

oh my gosh that sounds horrid!

I TOUCHWOOD have not had any horror holiday stories yet :)