January 7, 2011

Filling Blanks With Words

I would talk about how thrilled that I am that it's Friday, but a) it doesn't mean much to me, since I'm still on vacation and my weekends are indistinguishable from my weekdays (don't hate), and b) I'm actually a bit bummed, because it's the last Friday I'll be at home before running off to DC for a conference and then heading back to school. And as long as this month off has seemed, it's also flown by far too quickly (as vacations often do), and I'm really going to miss all the down time I've had with my family.

But time will do what time does and there's nothing I can do to slow it down or stop it (something that has increasingly been on my mind since my twenty-sixth birthday is fast approaching...), so I'll just accept that another Friday is upon us and fill in some blanks!

As always, don't forget to link up with Lauren



1.   Winter is    long, cold, and miserable, but necessarily to make you properly appreciate spring. It will also never be as bad at the winters I spent in Montreal, so I really can't complain .

2.  Summer is   always an adventure, and never long enough.

3.  If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd     hopefully be in Argentina working on social justice, except it would be winter there, so this might turn into a circular argument...

4.  My favorite thing to do in winter is     curl up by the fire in a warm sweater, with a good book and a glass of wine, listening to some soothing jazz .

5.  My favorite thing to do in summer is      relax in a garden in a cute summer dress, with a glass of wine, making leisurely conversation with good friends .

6.  The ideal outfit for a sunny summer day is      a light and airy sundress, giant sunglasses,  flats or sandals, and a train ticket to someplace wonderful.

7.  The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is     tall boots, thick socks, warm tights, a cute dress, a cardigan, a scarf, and a fun plan to occupy the twelve hours of darkness  .
 
 ***
 
 In reality I've been lounging around the house in yoga pants for most of the week, but I suppose I have been making an effort when I go outside. It helps that I got a great pair of boots for Christmas :)
 
Happy Friday Everyone! 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Casey said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad to meet another poodle lover! And I think your blog is precious...

My poodle baby is a toy/miniature. He's about 13 lbs. Photos: http://www.poodleism.com/2010/10/princes-new-do.html

Again, thanks for stopping by!

Kamika said...

Yay to the giant sunglasses! A summer wardrobe must!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Happy New Year Julia!!!

"Summer is always an adventure, and never long enough." - I would have to agree with this, or at least I always try to make my summers memorable!!

Jen said...

Hm, I am so with you on your summer and winter outfits.

Happy weekend!