January 28, 2011

Entering My Late Twenties...

{via}
 Today is the first day of my 27th year. 

Or rather, the last day of my 26th year.

In other words, yesterday I was 25, today I turn 26, and tomorrow I start my 27th year of life. 

{via}

I don't know how I really feel about inching my way towards my late twenties, but for now I'm embracing it. As much as I joke about it, I'll never be that girl who is 29 for three years in a row. In fact, I will be the woman still celebrating birthdays well into my golden years.

{via}


Every year of my life has been progressively better than the one before it, and I don't see any reason why next year should be an exception.

{via}
 
So no, I'm not 25 anymore. No, I no longer get to be the token young, hot, twenty-five year old living in New York City. But I will totally be the young, hot twenty-six year old living in New York City. And I will be her with a vengeance.

I will have my cakes and eat them too.

{via}
And they will be delicious!

Happy Birthday to Me! 


10 comments:

Marian said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy that cake!

Bree said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this year is the best so far!

Jen said...

Happy birthday! Speaking as one who knows, your late 20s aren't so bad. Now I just have to turn that corner that is 30! *gasp*

Simply Me said...

Wishing you a very Happy birthday Julia and age I always believe is a number ..you go girl ..rock this year and may this be better than ever :)

Julia said...

My late twenties have been fabulous so far- I'm 27 and loving it! Happy Birthday, Julia! Hope all your wishes come true!

Mrs. Dontje said...

aww i hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Lovely!! xx

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday lovely! Have a wonderful day!

Franzi said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!! Happy munching!

rian said...

Happy belated birthday! that picture of the grandma lighting up with her birthday candles cracked me up. I loved my twenties, but as someone older and maybe wiser (I'm 33) I have to say that the 30s are much more exciting. You have so much to look forward to!