November 24, 2010

Wee Bits Wednesday!

I trudged through the first two days of classes this week, anxious to get everything over with and get on a bus and come home. I even skipped a class, whichI hadn't done yet! But now I'm home and with my Maman and getting ready to cook up a storm!

We're having thanksgiving tomorrow at my friend Molly's house, and we're bringing garlic mashed potatoes, whipped ginger sweet potatoes, petit peas with pancetta, pecan pie, toasted hazelnut pumpkin pie, stewed cranberries and kumquats, and a cranberry apple tart. Which seems like a lot of food, but Molly and her family are making the turkey, a further selection of sides, and a couple of desserts of their own.

Needless to say, there will be plenty of food. Luckily Molly brought her boyfriend Walter and a bunch of his burly friends, so they'll help us demolish this ridiculous meal.

I plan on posting a few of the recipes later (the pecan pie, the pumpkin pie, and the stewed cranberries and kumquats) but for now I wanted to post some wee bits. Don't forget to link up with Leigh if you play along!



{one} what kind of camera do you have?  
I have a little Canon Elph Powershot point and shoot.
I'm hoping to get my hands on my brother's old Canon DSLR.

{two} you just won $1000 and you have to spend it on yourself on one item. what do you buy?
A single item? Probably an amazing Camera, so I wouldn't have to steal my brother's old one from my dad 
(who is currently learning to use it)

{three} if you had to choose, would you rather live with your parents in the same house forever or 5000 miles away?
I love my mom's house, but I wouldn't live here forever (I already don't), not because of my mom, but because of the place. Cambridge is amazing, but chances are, with the direction my life is going, I'll probably end up a few thousand miles away, at least for the foreseeable future.

{four} is your christmas tree up yet?
No, we usually get it a few days before Christmas and keep it into January.

{five} do you bring reusable bags to the grocery store?
Sometimes. When I remember to bring them from the house.

{six} which would be worse: listening to the same song on replay for the rest of your life or having to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life?
The same meal. I would just turn the music down and do without music. But food is sacred.

{seven} name 3 things you are thankful for this season.
My family, my new school friends, and having such an incredibly privileged life..

{eight} do you dye/highlight your hair? if so, do you do it yourself or have it done at the salon?
No. I haven't dyed it in years, and last time I did it was a "just for fun" out of the box experiment.

{nine} would you rather watch a movie at home or at the theater?
Depends on the movie. If it requires a big screen (lots of special effects) then I'd prefer the cinema. 
But cozying up on the couch with a good meal and a glass of wine... and being able to pause it when you need to pee!... is priceless.

{ten} would you rather win $1000/week for life or $5 million all at once? 
The responsible side of me says $1000 a week, but I'd have to live 96 more years for it to be equivalent to $5 million. 
So I'd take the $5 million and put it in a high interest account with a $1000 a week withdrawal cap (except with special authorization to withdraw a large lump sum). 
Not only would I end up with more money, but I'd get all the interest on it too!
 
 
See you later with some recipes! 
 
 

1 comment:

theresabridget said...

I agree with the 5 million question!