November 10, 2010

Wee Bit Wednesday

On Wednesday afternoons I don't have class after 2:00pm, and I always bock out at least four hours in my schedule for uninterrupted reading (which I usually hope to be doing towards next week's assignments, but which usually ends up being catch-up reading that I haven't done for this week's assignments).

But as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Not that I'm going to hell or anything (well, at least not for this), but I am definitely full of unfulfilled good intentions (namely, studying and exercise).

I usually end up spending a good part of the afternoon catching up on all my other extracurricular (read: social) obligations, and instead of four hours of reading, I usually get in an hour and a half. Or a solid hour at least.

Not stellar, but not a total bust either.

Today I had a little bit of extra time (and I've already done some reading), so I'm treating myself with a bit of time for blogging, which I seem to never have time for during the week anymore. Luckily, Leigh has done most of the work for me, but giving me ten more wonderful questions for Wee Bit Wednesday!

What would I do without her? 

{one} do you collect anything? if so, what and how long have you been collecting?
I don't collect anything for the sake of collecting it, but I do inadvertently have many things of which I have multiples: shoes, greeting cards, sweaters, earrings...

{two} what is one cleaning tip that you swear by?

Soak dishes before scrubbing them,
although its not a very original tip - I guess I don't spend enough time cleaning.
 
{three} who would you call for bail money?  

 My brother, so that he could call my mom :)
 
{four} what is one thing you miss about being a kid?  

Climbing trees and playing in the dirt and doing something just because you feel like it, 
without caring about what people will think.

{five} name a few of your guilty pleasures.  

Watching too many episodes of a good show, indulging in sushi too often, 
the occasional cookie with my morning tea.
 
{six} how early do you start your holiday shopping?  

During the year if I see something I think is perfect for someone I know, I'll buy it and put it away until Christmas - so all year pretty much! And when I haven't prepared, usually a couple of weeks before the holidays.
 
{seven} what is a family tradition that you would like to pass on to your significant other/children? 

 Having a big Christmas Eve dinner and letting the kids open one present at midnight, after putting the little ceramic baby jesus in the nativity.
 
{eight} what do you consider your greatest achievement?  

My academic ambition - going to college, getting into grad school, 
and planning for exactly the career I want.
 
{nine} what do you do to pamper yourself? 

I bring a great book into a long bubble bath, put on a funny-looking blue clay face mask, and then give myself a manipedi while watching a fun show. 
 
{ten}
if you were to start your own restaurant, what would it be called?  
I've answered this question too many times in the last few weeks, so I'm changing it to
Where would your restaurant be?
R&R would either be in NY or in the South of France.

Don't forget to link up if you play along! 



And now back to all the fun, fun, reading....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm new to the Wee Bit Wed. Great answers!