November 17, 2010

Time For Wee Bits

Although this year I'm not doing National Blog Posting Month (which means I'm automatically disqualifying myself from 100% completion in 101 in 1001, oh well) I'm still trying to make an effort to get back in the game and spend some more time over here at The World Is My Oyster; if not every day than at least more than twice a week.

I have this long list of things I want to blog about, but the bummer thing is that most of them - like the review of my awesome bag or a post about some vintage stuff I've inherited - are posts that need photos, and my camera is out of commission again. I do have my iPhone camera, but it's not the same.

My brother is on it, and hopefully I'll have a working camera by thanksgiving (when I plan to bring back some sorely-missed recipe posts), but until then you'll have to settle for just my words. Luckily I have lots of help in the words-only department, thanks to the lovely Leigh Ashley, who provided me with another round of fun questions! Don't forget to link up if you play along!



{one} what time do you normally wake up?
Between 6:20 and 6:40, depending on how many times I hit snooze.
Today I slept til 8 and it was glorious!

{two} do you have a go-to song for karaoke?
I haven't gone often, but last time I went I sang 
Total Eclipse of the Heart and The Copa Capaba.
Both excellent choices.

{three} if you could only see black and white except for one color, 
what color would you choose to see?
Green, It's my favorite color, and the color of nature, 
which would be sad to see in black and white.

{four} what color best matches your personality?
A bright sunny yellow.

{five} if you could choose one meal to cook better than anyone else, what would it be?
Something really fancy and french - like salmon en croute - so that I always had something up my sleeve when in a pinch!

{six} how many keys do you have on your key ring?
Zero. I have a keycard.

{seven} do you give your pets birthday/christmas gifts?
Before Truffle died we used to make him little peanut butter and parmesan treats and string them up on the christmas tree so that he could eat them off. It was so cute!

{eight} when your plate has different foods on it, do you mix or not?
Why not? If it all tastes good individually, it all tastes good together.

{nine} if you could hire someone to do one thing for you all the time, what would it be?
Housekeeping - sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dishes, bathrooms. 
I hate all that nonsense.

{ten} when flying, do you prefer the window or aisle seat?
Aisle seat. The views all look the same after a while - especially over the ocean - and I hate crawling over strangers when I have to get up.

***






And now I'm going to go be a bit self-indulgent (I got my flu shot today so I'm feeling a bit under the weather, which is reason enough to put off reading for school for a bit longer) and curl up in an armchair with a new novel and cup of ginger tea.

No comments: