November 19, 2010

Stuffing Blanks Instead of Turkey

It seems like just a few days ago I was celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving (October 10th, I think), and it's already only a week until American Thanksgiving?

Crazy! Next thing you know Christmas will come knocking and I'll barely have time to open presents before I'll have to put on my sparkly New Year's Eve dress!

Anyhoo, I'm always excited about Thanksgiving, but this year is extra special because it's my first Thanksgiving at home in four years! Which means the re-establishment of a long-standing tradition that was interrupted while I was in Europe.

But why am I explaining all of this now? You'll get to read about it in the blanks! And as always, don't forget to link up with Lauren!



1.   My Thanksgiving plans this year will include     an amazing meal with my bestest friend, Molly, my entire family, her entire family, and some!   We always have a spectacular dinner at Molly's house with too much food and too many crazy antics. I can't wait to start the tradition again!

2.  My favorite Thanksgiving was   I can't pick just one - every year is better than the last, and I have a feeling this year is going to be even better!

3.  My signature Thanksgiving dish is      Heidi Swanson's Spice-Kissed Coconut Milk and Toasted Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie - I highly recommend it as a new exciting twist on an old classic!  .

4.  My favorite Thanksgiving food is    garlic mashed potatoes and my mom's home-made kumquat cranberry sauce .

5.  Thanksgiving free association!     giant turkey! Molly's house! Shenanigans! Pecan pie! Apple Tart! Stuffed! Pumpkin!

6.  Thanksgiving is       never disappointing and always delicious!

7.  I am thankful for      everything! having an unbelievable family who supports me unconditionally, having a new and exciting life in new york and all my amazing new friends, being at unbelievably good school I never thought I could get into (and actually enjoying all the work!), being hosted by a wonderful family in their beautiful house, having everything I could possibly ever need and more, and all the opportunities I have to look forward to .

 ***

What are you thankful for this year?


p.s. Happy birthday to my little brother Lucas who turns 23 today! Love you! :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

thats so lovely that you spend thanksgiving with family AND friends - makes it double special!!! enjoy it xxx

Margarita said...

Oh my, your Thanksgiving sounds incredible!! I want to come and try your pie :)