October 25, 2010

Back Out From Under My Rock

Coming to the end of a two-week studying marathon is a little bit like hibernating and seeing sunshine for the first time after a long winter.

Last week I had two midterms and a presentation, and today I handed in a paper, and I am done and done. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me, apparently grad school is a lot harder than undergrad!

Who knew?

(Or maybe this time I'm actually studying a bit harder...)

Anyhoo, it is great to be back! I've missed you guys!! :) And I'm extra excited because I came out from underneath my rock and realized that Halloween was less than a week away!


 Yay!

Halloween is on Sunday this year (as you all know) but the festivities at Columbia begin on Thursday, so I really only have two more days to get everything ready for a ridiculous four-day Halloween!

For the SIPA party on Thursday my friends and I are dressing up as Red Head Cartoons From the 80s.

(I know, it's an amazing idea!)

I'm going to be Wilma Flintstone, 


and my friends are going as Jessica Rabbit, 


April O'Neil, 

 
Jane Jetson, 



the Little Mermaid, 



and Daphne (from Scooby Doo)!



We'll be a veritable smorgasbord of animated redheads!

Although I hope I have enough time to throw my costume (and maybe a second one) together, seeing as I'm also in charge of the Keyfree kids' costumes (they're both going as Greek gods) and I have to catch up on the two weeks of reading I should have also been doing while studying for midterms (which obviously didn't happen).

And then on Friday, my awesome roommate from college, Kate, is coming all the way from Canada to spend the weekend, so I'm super excited to see her too. I haven't seen her in almost two years!

And then on top of it all, I'm going home from Sunday to Tuesday to vote in America for the very first time! It's great to actually be here for election day (and get two days off of school for it!) and not have to mail in an absentee ballot!

So yes, I have a very full week. After two weeks of being in my cavern of books, it's definitely going to be like coming out of a cave and staring at the sun for the first time. But I'm excited. I definitely need a little time to let loose after all that hard work!

But until Thursday, I still have a lot of studying to do. So it's back to the books for now!

What are you doing for Halloween?


1 comment:

Kelly L said...

omg - that is a brilliant costume idea!!!! I hope to see pictures later... :)