September 7, 2010

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: My Last First Look At New York City

I don't know about you, but I have sorely felt my absence around here.

The last time I remember being so busy in a single week was during finals my last year at university. And they gave me a diploma at the end of that week. I have another two years of this intensity before I can even start thinking of my diploma.

But it's been great. SIPA Orientation was very intense, but fun - I met tons of wonderful, intelligent, kind, and interesting new people, and I feel privileged to know that I'll get to spend my next two years studying and working together with these amazing new classmates. I used to feel special because my story was so international and different. But here everyone's story is special and international and different. And even though it's quite humbling to be surrounded by so many incredible people and no longer be the only one with a great story, it's also wonderful to be able to call them my peers. I very much look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone I'm lucky enough to cross paths with in the next two years.

Sappiness aside, after orientation I caught up with old friends - some I'd seen last week, and some I hadn't seen in months or years - I hung out with my mom, and went to places I hadn't been to in a long time.

And now that New York City is my new home, I'm seeing everything for the last first time.

Here are some of those things.

Williamsburg


Williamsburg


The MoMA


The Met


Williamsburg


The Met


The Met


 Boerum Hill


Boerum Hill


The Met


The Met


Upper West Side


The Met


Boerum Hill


Brooklyn Bridge


The Met


Boerum Hill


Boerum Hill


Boerum Hill


2 comments:

Kelly L said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm kind of a sucker for black and white photography though. :)

Jules said...

Those are some amazing pictures!! Hope you're having a fabulous time in NYC :-)