September 3, 2010

So Many Blanks, So Little Time

I never thought that being dumb would get me out of school.

Or rather, I never thought that choosing the dumb route would give me less work.

This whole week I've been in "math camp" - a cute name the school came up with for an excruciating three hours a day,  all week, in which we review everything from basic algebra to advanced calculus - to prepare the incoming SIPA students for the upcoming months of grueling economics and statistics courses.

We were supposed to have four days, Monday through Friday. But the instructor told us that if we weren't planning on taking the upper level econ class (which I most certainly am not), we could skip the last day of math camp because she would only be talking about multivariate calculus, which we won't need in the basic level econ class. So today, after four exhausting days of orientation, I finally got to sleep in!

And the placement test is online, so I don't even have to go to campus to pick it up!

Which means that today I have the whole afternoon to see my friend Barbara for the first time in three years!, to hang out with my friend Colin who's in the city for the weekend, and to get all dressed up for the end of orientation party tonight at a club down town.

My plate is full enough without having to worry about multivariate calculus, thank you very much!

But I do have time to fill in a few blanks! The theme (vacation) is oddly appropriate, since my move to New York last weekend brings to a close my long and crazy time summer vacation, and oddly enough, I'm thrilled.



1.  If I didn't have to work anymore I would      Open R&R (my bakery/stationer's/bookshop/cafe), travel, and volunteer with a non-profit . 


2.  My favorite thing about a vacation is     Making awesome plans and then changing them at the last minute to something even better! 

3.  When packing for a trip I     always, always over pack. Which I need to stop doing since I hardly ever travel with my personal porter little brother anymore .

4.  If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose     my best friend Molly     because,     we always have insanely fun adventures together     and we would go      on a road trip in an old VW Bus around Western Europe   .

5.  My top 3 absolute travel essentials are     1) a map 2) multiple pairs of shoes 3)good knowledge of where the best restaurants are. yum!

6.  Vacations are     too few and far between, but worth the wait  .

7.  On vacation you must always     meet new people   .

Don't forget to link up with Lauren!

***


1 comment:

Amanda K said...

Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend! Enjoy :-D