August 12, 2010

Wee Bit Wednesday On A Thursday.... Again Again!

I know that yesterday was Wednesday.

But we know that I am notoriously bad at doing Wee Bit on the right day.

And yesterday I had a pretty damn good excuse. I was surviving a house fire!

So when I was wasn't actually running away from open flames, I was blogging about my near death experience (ok, ok, so I'm exaggerating a tad!), and I didn't have time to answer Leigh's questions.

But today I do! So let's get started, shall we? And don't forget to link up with Leigh Ashley if you play along!




{one} how would you describe your style?
My ideal style - the one I wear when I actually have something to get dressed for - is a sort of classic/retro. Not rockabilly 1950s, more like Jacquie O 1960s. I like clean lines, A-line dresses, polka dots and stripes. Big sunglasses.
Do I dress like that all the time? Hell to the no. This summer I've been living in a combination of sandals, casual summer dresses, leggings, and tunic-y button down shirts. Although I guess some of my summer dresses are sort of 1950s-ish.

My favorite polka dot summer dress


{two} what would your perfect day look like?
As much as I like going out and doing things, my perfect day would be slow and relaxing. 
A day where I could have a long leisurely breakfast, have time to take a long shower and maybe paint my nails.
 {via}
Then relax around the house for a bit, maybe working on a sewing project. 
And then in the afternoon go out to a park and maybe do a little window (and real) shopping, ending off the day with a delicious sushi dinner. 

{three} what would be the best workplace perk?
The best official perk would be extra long paid lunch breaks.
The best unofficial perk would be extra awesome coworkers. 
There's nothing worse than working with awkward people.

{via}


{four} if you could have the starring role in one movie, which would it be?
Being Julia. Not because it's my name too (although maybe a little bit), but because Annette Benning's character is such an array of things in that film: strong, tender,  in love, bitter, damaged, jealous, fierce, vindictive. If I were an actress, it would be an amazing role to play.
{via}


{five} what tv show do you wish would go off the air for good?
Those ridiculous TLC reality shows that glorify irresponsibly huge families, 
like 19 and counting, or whatever that show is called.

This is my worst nightmare! Stop making babies!
{via}


{six} chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate itself over anything vanilla, 
but I don't like chocolate flavored things, so vanilla ice cream, vanilla cookies, etc. 
 {via}

{seven} if you could date any celebrity, who would it be?
Gael Garcia Bernal.
 {via}
 {via}
I could just spread him on a cracker...


{eight} if you could have been the author of any book, which would it have been?
Eat, Pray, Love.
{via}
Not because of the enormous commercial success it had, or because it's becoming a film.
But because of the astounding positive emotional impact it had on so many people. I would love to have been able to reach out and touch so many souls.
Even at the cost of going through what Elizabeth Gilbert went through.

{nine} what's your favorite type of flower?
I love poppies. They're so delicate and beautiful and paper thin, yet rich and resilient.
{via}

{ten} what do you think is your most attractive feature?
 My eyes. They're big and green, which is my favorite color.

Excuse the crazy hair and insane expression.  
I may have had a drink. Or four.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Gael is such a hottie. Yum!

J. said...

haha... I put my coworker's mail in their chairs rather than on their desks... but ONLY because their desks are piled high with papers, and I know things just get lost in the mess the second I place it on their desks!!
The Dugger family scares the bejeezus out of me. Really- it's a full-fledged phobia.
And that man? Delish. :)

Keenie Beanie said...

So glad all's well that ends well with the house fire. That could have been tragic!

And you do have beautiful eyes, you lucky girl.

Julia said...

Number 5: the thing that scares me about this family is not that it's so annoyingly huge, but that their attire is so annoyingly awful!

And poppies are my favorite flower, too! :)

aretha said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best

aretha said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best

Kelly L said...

Aww, you do have gorgeous eyes!

And shows about people having eight bajillion kids need to STOP. We should not be ENCOURAGING this.