August 26, 2010

Sunset On The Charles


Today, before dinner, I went for a nice walk along the Charles River with my mom, to get some fresh air and see a beautiful sunset.


It has been pouring torrential rain all week. And not in a hot August thunderstorm way. In a cold and chilly spring way. 



So today when the sun came out - and it felt like the very  very first day of summer, not like one of the last days of August - we decided to take advantage and enjoy the warm sunshine for a bit.


I haven't lived in Cambridge in more than seven years, and even though I always came home at least once a year, every time feels like the first time back, and makes me think how lucky I am to have a home here.


Even though I'm beyond excited to be moving to New York City, I'll always be glad to come home to Cambridge, and its beautiful river,


and the cute little Canada geese,


and the crazy aquatic athletes,



but most of all, the gorgeous sunsets.



What do you love about your hometown?



4 comments:

J. said...

There's no place like home, that's for sure!
Even though I haven't lived at "home" for over 10 years, it's still home and I think it always will be. So comforting... and there's always good food :)

Crystal said...

I LOVE that you said "Canada" geese! I thought I was the only one who called them their right name! Someone (my boss) actually corrected me this week when I said "Canada Geese" with "Canadian geese." I didn't correct her though. :)

Laura said...

I'm a Boston girl too, I love the Charles river, espeically from the Cambridge side. smiles :)

Laura said...

I'm a Boston girl too, I love the Charles river, espeically from the Cambridge side. smiles :)