August 27, 2010

Murphy's Law Is A Bitch (Thank God For Distracting Blanks!)

It seems that the universe is playing a little prank on me.

Let me explain.

Remember when I got pharyngitis two times this spring? Well, I assumed it was because my throat was punishing me for yelling at the kids at school so much.

Fair enough.

But today, when I woke up with a ranging case of tonsillitis, which apparently is more likely to be strep throat (yay!), I knew it couldn't have been my throat being pissed at me, because I haven't yelled at any children in months!

And then it dawned on me.

I'm currently between health insurances. I was covered in Spain while I was working, and my school coverage begins September 2. In six days.

Only in a screwed up world where Murphy's Law is one of the only laws you can actually count on, would I get sick not only a mere six days before my health insurance kicks in, but the day before I have to move to New York, and three days before I need to be in perfect health for a week of grueling math camp and Columbia Orientation.


I officially have a bone to pick with the universe. This isn't funny anymore.

But luckily today is Friday and I have a nice distraction!



1.  The most adventurous thing I've ever done is      probably open wilderness camping with my dad when my brother and I were kids. My dad would make us whittle tree branches for silverware.  Apparently it builds character. 

2.  If I were a pair of shoes I  would be    a pair of classic black pumps. Comfortable enough to wear all day, elegant enough to wear at night, and always appropriate for any outfit you want to dress up.

3.  My preferred mode of digital communication is     the phone. I'm old fashioned, I like hearing people's voices. But only if it's a real conversation, like to catch up with an old friend.  If I have to figure out trivial plan details, texting all the way .

4.  I feel happiest when     I'm about to start something I've been looking forward to for a long time  .

5.  A little dream I have for my life is    to someday open up a Stationery Shop with a Bakery and Cafe.

6.  The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is     the internet. And now that I have one, my iphone .

7.  Music, movies, TV or books:  if I could only choose one to enjoy I would pick     Books  - the only other world you can really get lost in. Followed by movies, music, and TV .
 
 
Don't forget to link up with Lauren!

***
 
And now I'm off to start packing for my big move tomorrow (I know, I know,  I'm the worst procrastinator in the world). 
 
 

8 comments:

Nicole Bingham said...

Open wilderness camping sounds like quite the adventure, you're a brave soul! I love reading your blog!

www.romanianprincess.com

Thanks, Nicole Mariana

Margarita said...

We share the same little dream :) I hope you start feeling better soon!

amylou said...

totally agree with you on communication! my thoughts exactly!

www.amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

littledaisymay said...

I don't think I could live without the internet either!

Roxy said...

I agree. I would go crazy without the Internet. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Jules said...

I definitely couldn't live without the Internet!!
Hope you're feeling better soon :-)

Alyssa said...

oh no no no! that is incredibly bad luck! i hope you are feeling better today for the big move! x

Rose said...

can i please work in your stationary bakery and cafe???

good luck moving to the big city!